Translate

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Now and Then

So when I was young I was often quite sick with asthma and eczema plagued me quite a lot.

As I grew older, both lessened and I seemed to cope better and with fewer drugs.

By the time I reached high school I was only using an inhaler for asthma on occasions when I exercised or during the winter when the cold air bothered me.

So I was lucky to pass into adulthood with relatively stable health.

After I finished high school I worked for several years then travelled around Europe for a few years before returning home. I did so sadly because my brother had died in a car accident.

I worked again for 2 years then studied science at university. I married, had 3 kids and moved to Australia.

But everything wasn't going too well in my world and in 1998, I had a nervous breakdown.

This is what I believe is the second major contributor to me developing CFS, and what I will talk more about soon. Needless to say, this was BIG, and a serious health event in my life which still affects me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment