Translate

Sunday 27 October 2013

Inspiration

Before I began writing the "Winnie and Hunny Speak" series, I had no idea the books would be a series. The 'doods' as I call them sometimes were on a long list of book topics I wanted to write some day.

One day about the beginning of August I was browsing Amazon's ebook section on dogs and came across one called "Archie's Diaries. Tails from the Dog House" by Jane Palombella.

Archie is a golden labradoodle, hence my interest, and he lives in Wales. WELL, I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING! This book, with photos, was so funny in Archie's description of his life. I loved it and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a good laugh!

I immediately hit on the idea of writing something similar by Winnie and Hunny. After all, I had lots of material. So I read several more dog ebooks. "A Lonely Dog on Christmas" by Patrick Yearly is also very humorous and a good read, as is the lovely "Rescue Dog" by Alexander S. Bauer.

So began a book that turned into a series. I have now begun the final book in the series "Chalk and Cheese."
It will be out in a week or two.

Winnie and Hunny are giving me lots of hints that it's dinner time. ie they are being very naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment