Translate

Monday 28 October 2013

Little Winnie

These days Winnie is really sporty. She began training at an early age. As she says...I love running and jumping. My all time favourite sport is fetch and catch. I'm very fast and accurate now and often get to the spot before the ball does.

First thing in the morning I get the ball ready for mum so we can begin our day of play, but she usually ignores me until after she's had her breakfast. Then if I'm lucky we'll have a round. Sometimes she teases me and only pretends to throw it. Being the athlete that I am, I'm all primed, concentrating, waiting for the moment when she first moves her arm.

"Are you ready?" she says.

I'm on full alert now, solely focused on the ball.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm ready, throw it, throw it." I can hardly stand it. If she doesn't throw it now I'm going to snatch it off her...

Of course, from my point of view, this is a great way to keep my fur-baby amused, happy and healthy. I can toss the ball over and over  without her missing a beat. I can sit even, it's that simple, ideal "sport" for me too! Often I get up and throw the ball though so it's not all easy! I do have a lot of fun with my doods.

And here's a cute photo of Winnie when we first started training, way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment